Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I drill holes into the Protector cover or Laser Shield?
- Yes, you can drill holes into the Laser Shield to mount it on the number plate.
- Yes, you can drill holes into the Protector covers, (Caution) however you can not pierce the lens area of the cover without destroying the vacuum seal. Once the vaccum has been broken, the cover will not bend light properly.
- Only drill holes into the surrounding 10 to 20mm around the edge.
Why don't you accept credit card any more?
Unfortuately we have had our credit card facility cut and other forms of payment also. Apparently some influencial people don't like you folks having access to these devices and have gone to great lengths to make sure that we have a difficult time selling them to the public. You can buy pornography by the truck loads using credit card banking access, but threaten the proverbial "cash cow" and they come out fighting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
How do I mount the Protector cover?
- The easiest way to mount the covers, is by the use of a number plate frame. A standard frame will hold the plate cover is situ without any other requirements.
Can I cut down the size of the Protector covers or Laser Shield to suit my number plate?
- Yes, you can trim off or cut down the Laser Shield to size if necessary using a sharp blade.
- Yes, you can trim down the Protector covers to withing 10mm of the lens area. Any more and you run the risk of destroying the effective vacuum.
How long will my order take to arrive?.
- All order in the Australian metropolitan areas will generally arrive within 3 to 4 days. However we may require one working day to process your order.
- International order can take up to 14 days to arrive.
Which side of the Protector cover goes against the plate. It is difficult to see which way around the covers should be located.
- For correct installation, the "Raised Side" of the plate cover goes flat against the number plate. The "Raised Side" is the side fo the cover that has the slightly raised lens area visible.
Are the covers legal?
- The Protector covers are for off-road use. For legal information concerning on-road use, please contact your local authorities for information concerning these issues. Each state and country have different views and laws concerning these matters.
Do you give a 100% guarantee that I will not ever receive a ticket for speeding?
- For legal reasons we can't give you a "bullet proof", "never in a million years", 100% guarantee that you will not ever receive a ticket for speeding. This should be obvious considering the many factors that may affect the result of the Protector covers. Including, but not limited to :
- The correct positionsing of the Protector cover the right way around. Yes people put them on back-to-front.
- The positioning of the number plate at the correct angle to maximise the "angle of effect" of the Protector covers. A sloping number plate will affect the angle of effect of the Protector covers.
- Possible, although unlikely, the photo radar could be setup with additional means of identification, such as multiple cameras from different angles and points of views. In short we do not guarantee the effectiveness of the product under all conditions.
I don't know which product to purchase for my situation?
- I don't know which product Selector Help Page can assist you with your selection. It shows the benefits of each product and their limitations.
- You can also email your questions to us if you have any concerns.
Do you have a product Warranty?
- Yes, the Protector plate covers are guaranteed agains yellowing, chipping, separation and are guaranteed not to shrink or crack under normal use.