All goods to be returned, whether defective or not, will require a Return Authorisation Number (RAN) before they can be returned. To obtain a RAN, please complete the Request Form, or contact GhostPlates.com. Information on your invoice is required before issuing a RAN. RAN's must match the product authorised for return. RAN's are only valid for 14 days, meaning that GhostPlates.com must receive returned products to their store or warehouse within this period otherwise the return may not be accepted.
GhostPlates.com recommends that all products are suitably packaged in order to prevent damage during return shipping, and that you do not write on or attach labels to the product being returned otherwise the return may not be accepted. A copy of the original Invoice must be included with the returned product. The Return Authorisation Number should be clearly visible, on the outside of the product-shipping carton.
GhostPlates.com recommends that products returned by post should be sent by registered or certified mail. GhostPlates.com accepts no responsibility for loss or damage occurring in transit on return to GhostPlates.com. If a product is not defective or damaged and is not returned to us in the original unopened packaging, it will be returned to you at your cost.
GhostPlates.com will test all products returned as defective or damaged within 7 days of receipt into their store. Some products may need to be returned to the manufacturer for testing. If it is determined that the product is in working condition it will be returned to you, and you will be invoiced for the processing and freight costs associated with the return.
GhostPlates.com reserves the right to refuse any returns that:
- Are incomplete or have missing parts.
- Are not returned in their original packaging.
- Show signs of physical damage to the product or its packaging.
- Do not include a valid Return Authorisation Number on the shipping label.
- Have an expired Return Authorisation Number.
As an alternative to the above you could personally visit the GhostPlates.com representative store with the product you wish to return and a copy of the Invoice, provided the Reason for Return is in accordance with the Returns Policy as detailed herein. With the exception of Unopened Product, we cannot process the return immediately and will process the return via the same procedures as detailed above once the product is received at the store.
Reasons for Returns:
There are a number of reasons why a product may be returned. The following section classifies each type of return.
Returns requiring a swap of size or product type:
We do accept returns that require a swap to a different size or product type. All swaps will require the payment of return shipping and the payment of an additonal $25 re-stocking fee in advance.
Only products returned, unopened and in original packaging will be accepted for a swap. Any returns not in a resellable condition will be returned at your cost. All swaps require a Return Authorisation Number (RAN) before they can be returned. To obtain a RAN, please complete the Request Form, or contact GhostPlates.com. Information on your invoice is required before issuing a RAN. RAN's must match the product authorised for return. RAN's are only valid for 14 days, meaning that GhostPlates.com must receive returned products to their store or warehouse within this period otherwise the return may not be accepted.
Dead on Arrival Product
If you receive a product that is not in working order you should notify GhostPlates.com immediately upon receipt of the product. If the product develops a fault (except those due to wilful damage or customer misuse) within the first 7 days after purchase you should notify GhostPlates.com immediately upon noticing the fault so that the return can be processed as a "Dead on Arrival Product". Follow the "Returns Procedure". If it is determined that the product is not defective it will be returned to you and you will be invoiced a processing fee and freight costs associated with the return. For products found to be Dead on Arrival a credit will be issued for the original purchase price of product returned and the freight costs associated with the initial delivery to you.
Damaged in Transit Product
If you receive a product that appears to have been "Damaged in Transit" you should refuse to accept delivery of the product. Direct the Courier to "Return Goods to Sender". Notify GhostPlates.com immediately. If you have already accepted delivery and then notice that the product appears to have been "Damaged in Transit" you should notify GhostPlates.com immediately. Follow the "Returns Procedure". For products found to be "Damaged in Transit" The damaged goods need to be returned to us - Request a RAN number before sending. Freight costs associated with a returned item will be refunded to you and replacement item will be sent at our expense.
Incorrectly Shipped Product
If you receive a product that is different to the one ordered you should notify GhostPlates.com immediately upon receipt of the product. Follow the "Returns Procedure". For products "Incorrectly Shipped" a credit will be issued for the original purchase price of product returned and the freight costs associated with the initial delivery to you.
Unopened Product Except for products sold on a "No Return Basis" (as detailed below), GhostPlates.com offer a 7-day return policy for products in their Original Unopened and Undamaged Packaging. You must contact GhostPlates.com within 7 days of shipping the product otherwise we cannot authorise a return. Follow the "Returns Procedure". For products found to be in their Original Unopened and Undamaged Packaging a credit will be issued for the original purchase price of product returned less any freight costs associated with the initial delivery to you and the return delivery. Ghostplates.com reserves the right to charge a restocking fee of $20.00 for any item returned other than "Dead on Arrival" and "Damaged in Transit."
If the product you have received develops a fault (except those due to willful damage, or customer misuse) within the first 14 days can be returned as the "Dead on Arrival Product" procedure above.
Opened Product except for "Dead on Arrival" or "Damaged in Transit" product, GhostPlates.com will not accept any opened product for return unless the product is defective within the warranties imposed by statute and which cannot be excluded by agreement.
GhostPlates.com would accept opened products that:
Are "Dead on Arrival" or "Damaged in Transit" and develop a fault (except those due to wilful damage, or customer misuse) within 30 days after purchase.
THESE ARE THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE REASONS FOR RETURNS.
All goods require a signature upon delivery as proof of deliveryl. If no one is going to be home, please give us an alternative delivery address, such as a work address. If no one is home and the courier is unable to contact you, we may incur additional fees for re-delivery. You agree that any additional delivery fees incurred by us will be passed on to the purchaser as a separate credit card charge. This includes charges incurred for re-delivery due to no one being home at the time of delivery to sign for the package and its release. You agree to be charged up to but no more than $25.00 for re-delivery of your package and the amount is to be deducted from the credit card used at the time of purchase.
The Buyer is responsible for checking local codes before installing this product on a vehicle. The Buyer assumes all responsibility for using this product in compliance with local motor vehicle laws in the area of vehicle use. Ghostplates.com, its distributors dealers and affiliates will no be liable for the use of this product, and do no guarantee the effectiveness of the product.
1. Warranty: Seller's exclusive warranty is that the Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of sale by Seller. A fully filed in warranty card serves to authenticate the date of sale and identifies the product sold.
2. Buyer Remedy: Seller's sole obligation hereunder shall be to replace (in the form originally shipped with Buyer responsible for labour charges for removal or replacement thereof) the non-complying Product or, at Seller's election, to repay or credit Buyer an amount equal to the purchase price of the Product; provided that there shall be no liability for Seller or its affiliates unless Seller's analysis confirms that the Products were handled, stored, installed and maintained and not subject to contamination, abuse, misuse or inappropriate use / modification. and not suffered undue damage during disassembly, packing, storage and shipment. Parts that have been damaged / destroyed, for example where the plate covers have been scratched or marked will be rejected as a warranty case.
3. Limitation on Liability: GhostPlates.com - SELLER AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR PRODUCTION OR COMMERCIAL LOSS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY. FURTHER, IN NO EVENT SHALL LIABILITY OF SELLER OR ITS AFFILITATES EXCEED THE INDIVIDUAL PRICE OF THE PRODUCT ON WHICH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED.
4. Indemnities: Buyer shall indemnify and hold harmless Seller, its affiliates and its employees from and against all liabilities, losses, claims, costs and expenses (including attorney's fees and expenses) related to any claim, investigation, litigation or proceeding (whether or not Seller is a party) which arises or is alleged to arise from Buyer's acts or omissions under these Terms or in any way with respect to the Products.
Exclusion of Unenforceable Terms:
Where any clause or term above would by any applicable statute be illegal, void, or unenforceable in any State or Territory then such a clause shall not apply in that State or Territory and shall be deemed never to have been included in these terms and conditions in that State or Territory. Such a clause if legal and enforceable in any other State or Territory shall continue to be fully enforceable and part of this agreement in those other States and Territories. The deemed excision of any term pursuant to this paragraph shall not affect or modify the full enforceability and construction of the other clauses of these terms and conditions.